TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. VARIATIONS TO ESTIMATE
The estimate is based on the costs of labour and materials ruling at the time and we reserve the right to modify the charges to meet any variations, whether due to increase in wages (controlled by National Agreements), materials or increased cost from any other cause such as will have been notified in writing not less than 7 days prior to commencement of the work.
Should any additional work or materials be found necessary in the course of these repairs or sub-sequent testing, it will be necessary to make an extra charge; where this additional work involves an increase in excess of 10% of the estimated amount then a supplementary estimate will be submitted for acceptance.
Where new paintwork is required and the metal work is found to be rusted, every reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent this penetrating through after completion of painting, but no guarantee can be given in this respect. If partial paperwork only is required every endeavour will be made to match the existing colour scheme, but no guarantee can be given of a perfect colour match.
The Company shall give the estimated time for the repair of a vehicle and shall make every effort to inform the owner if this estimated time cannot be met, although it can accept no responsibility for delays outside its control.
Payment in respect of work undertaken as specified overleaf shall be made on or prior to taking delivery of vehicle, unless a credit account has been opened.
5. REPLACEMENT PARTS
The Company shall obtain the customers express permission to repair or to fit repaired units where new parts quoted for are unavailable or not obtainable within a reasonable time.
6. EXCHANGE UNITS
In the event of a factory reconditioned unit being fitted a surcharge may be made pending examination by the manufacturers to confirm that the unit is, in their opinion, fit for reconditioning within the Exchange Scheme. If the unit is accepted for reconditioning, and their manufacturer's credit note is received, the surcharge will be cancelled.
7. DISPOSAL OF UNCOLLECTED GOODS
Any vehicle which is not collected by the customer and in respect of which payment for repairs carried out has not been made within three calendar months of the customer having been advised of the completion of the work in accordance with the preceding clause’s, may be sold by the Company and the cost of repairs and any storage charges may be deducted by the Company from the net proceeds of sale of the vehicle. However before proceeding to sell the vehicle the Company shall first give to the customer seven days' written notice of its intention so to do which notice shall be sent by prepaid first class post to the address of the customer last known to the Company and shall be deemed to have been received by the customer on the day following the date of posting or if that shall be a Sunday or a Public Holiday then the first working day thereafter. Any sale of the vehicle under this clause shall be by Public Auction and the Company shall after discharging the costs of the sale, the repairs and the storage charges, at its absolute discretion either retain the balance for the benefit of the customer or forward the same to the customer at the customer's last known address.
We will replace or repair any part found to be defective by reason of defective material or workmanship during the course of repair
1. We shall be under no liability from the date that the vehicle shall have travelled twelve thousand miles after the completion of the repairs or from the expiration of twelve months thereafter whichever shall first occur in computing the period of twelve months aforesaid no account shall be taken of any period during which the vehicle is off the road by reason of such defective material or workmanship aforesaid.
2. This warranty also applies in the case of repetition outside the warranty period of a fault which had previously been the subject of rectification work during the warranty period.
3. We will permit the transfer of the unexpired portion of any warranty to subsequent owners. This transfer will only apply to work actually carried out by us and which was detailed in the original specification for repair.
4. Where a vehicle is still within the manufacturer specific body warranty then the repair will be carried out to the manufacturer’s requirements where applicable, to ensure continuance of that warranty’s validity.
5. Liability under this Clause is wholly excluded if the vehicle has been:
i. Used for competitions, racing or record attempts or otherwise than for private or commercial use of the owner or other users with his permission.
ii. Abused in any way or damaged by wear and tear, neglect, rust, improper use or failure to maintain in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
iii. Damaged in any subsequent accident, affecting the subject of this repair.
Nothing herein is designed to, nor will it affect, a customer’s statutory rights.